Re: [exim] Looking for Mail::SPF (2.002) Exim acl example

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Looking for Mail::SPF (2.002) Exim acl example
On 09/01/07, Dan_Mitton@??? <Dan_Mitton@???> wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand. According to the Exim documentation:
>
> drop: This verb behaves like deny, except that an SMTP connection is
> forcibly closed after the 5xx error message has been sent. For example:
>
> drop   message   = I don't take more than 20 RCPTs
>       condition = ${if > {$rcpt_count}{20}}

> There is no difference between deny and drop for the connect-time ACL. The
> connection is always dropped after sending a 550 response.
>
> Isn't a 550 a permanent failure?

'drop' and 'deny' are different in that 'drop' always closes the
connection after the 550. 'deny' doesn't - so at RCPT you can 'deny'
individual recipients whilst accepting others; at DATA you can 5xx the
whole message but wait for the next one.

At connect time they're the same, though.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???