Re: [exim] Punishing malformed HELO at acl_smtp_rcpt level?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Mike Meredith
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Punishing malformed HELO at acl_smtp_rcpt level?
Hi

Sometime around Tue, 09 Jan 2007 01:35:39 +0100, it may be that Fionn
Behrens wrote:
> I am not the ultimate expert but to my knowledge smtp auth takes place
> after HELO, doesnt it? Would it be possible to set sort of a flag in
> this case of malformed HELO and recall it later at the acl_smtp_rcpt

As an alternative to the other suggestions, you could use different
ACLs for the mta and msa ports :-

acl_smtp_rcpt = check_recipient_${if eq {$interface_port}{25}
{mta}{msa}}

(I don't use acl_smtp_helo)

For me, it gives a more readable ACL section if you separate the MTA
and MSA stuff.

--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer
University of Portsmouth: Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security