Re: [exim] not generating undeliverable mail messages

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: ROGERS Richard
To: Ian Eiloart, Phill Harvey-Smith, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] not generating undeliverable mail messages
Ian Eiloart wrote:
> --On 9 January 2007 11:27:52 +0000 Phill Harvey-Smith
> <phill@???> wrote:
>

>> We are having problems with spam email bounces generated from
>> undeliverable addresses on the servers that we route for, the problem
>> being that protein has no way of knowing if users at the system it
>> forwards for exist, so has to accept all mail for them and attempt
>> delivery, which of course if it fails generates a bounce message,
>> often containing spam. What I would prefferably like to do is just
>> drop these on the floor and generate no bounce back.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea how I would go about doing this, or have a
>> better sugestion as to what would be a better course of action.
>>

> You need a recipient ACL that looks something like this:
>
> accept
>     set acl_m_last_rcpt = $local_part
>     domains = +local_domains
>     # reject if tests below "endpass" fail
>     endpass
>     message = unknown user
>     # here we do a callforward to see if we can deliver to the
>     recipient verify = recipient/defer_ok/callout=600s
> --
> Ian Eiloart
> IT Services, University of Sussex

Or alternatively, if it suits the logic of your config more easily (as
here), something like...

# Deny if the address is in a domain for which we are an incoming relay,
# and the recipient can not be verified.

  deny    domains       = +relay_to_domains
          !verify        = recipient/callout=20s,defer_ok,no_cache

You takes your choice.

Regards

Richard

--
Richard Rogers
IT Development and Innovation Manager

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your computer.