Re: [exim] SpamHaus PBL

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SpamHaus PBL
On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 00:22 +0100, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
> okay, perhaps it makes sense, but their claim that it is Policy Based is
> not true. I was surprised to find one of our C-nets in the PBL, this
> was certainly not added by us, and our terms of use do not prohibit the
> use of port 25.

Depending on granularity, I would expect that "small" blocks - say /22
and smaller - may get listed in the PBL as part of a larger assignment
sub-allocated by an ISP acting as an LIR or equivalent.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see smaller "upstream" ISPs just
listing their entire RIPE delegations, regardless of the sub-allocations
they have made. It's incorrect, but very easy to do - if you have
several hundred blocks to manage.

Did you get your block delisted without issue?

Graeme