Re: [exim] number of named lists default

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jethro R Binks
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] number of named lists default
On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, W B Hacker wrote:

> >> I know I can change it myself at compile time, but I use the FreeBSD port,
> >> and there is currently no facility provided to make that change.
>
> Puzzled by that 'no facility' statement.
>
> If vi is too much of a PITA, try one of the (many!) other editors.

> It is 'adjusted' in *BSD the same way as for any other OS:
>
> edit ~/Local/Makefile
>
> Set MAX_NAMED_LIST = [some integer multiple of 16]
>
> 'make install' if first-go, ELSE 'make reinstall'
>
> Where's the beef?

I use portinstall/portupgrade, and it does not provide a knob for this
change. I could install 'the traditional way' I suppose, but then there
is still no knob provided for those who don't wish to do that.

If Philip feels, and no-one else chimes in to the contrary, that no
increase to the default is necessary, that's fine. I just wanted to be
sure the issue was aired and that anyone who had come across it and
wondered before got a chance to speak up so we know what the common
feeling is.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services