Re: [exim] BSMTP to, from bcc questions

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Craig Jackson
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] BSMTP to, from bcc questions
On Sun, 7 Jan 2007, Craig Jackson wrote:

> 1) Does Exim preserve Bcc and Cc of the original email? I have tested it
> and it looks like Exim does do that. But I'd like a coder to confirm.

The only time Exim does anything to Bcc is to remove it when you use -t
to extract recipients from it. This you are not doing. Exim won't touch
headers otherwise, except in the case that an address uses a non-FQDN
and Exim has to expand it.

> 2) Does BSMTP contain ALL thoses listed in the To, Cc and Bcc headers?

Do you mean when a message is delivered using BSMTP? If so, the question
isn't meaningful. The addresses that are written in BSMTP format are the
envelope recipients. Nothing to do with To, Cc, or Bcc.

> I have before me an email sent out yesterday that contains 240
> recipients in the To header but only 38 recipients in the BSMTP and
> Envelope-to headers. I know the difference between envelope-to and To,
> but in our organization, we do not forge anything or use envelope to
> along the way from the user's PC (Outlook) to the Exchange server to
> the Gateway (exim). So what can account for this difference?

The sending MUA sent it that way?

> 3) Does anyone have a Perl script that will parse email and give me the
> To, Cc, Bcc and Subject headers?

%headers = ("dummy", split /^([^\s:]+):/m, <STDIN>);

Then refer to $headers{'to'}, etc.