[exim] BSMTP to, from bcc questions

Author: Craig Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] BSMTP to, from bcc questions
Hi,

I'm setting up a system that will take large emails sent from our
users, strip the attachments, copy these attachments to an FTP server,
then send an email to the recipients with download link, user name,
password, etc. Exim dumps these large emails in an IMAP folder in BSMTP
format. If the email is then copied to another IMAP folder called FTP,
where a cron script processes the email as described above using this
command:

/usr/local/exim/bin/exim -f $SENDER -oi -oem -bm $RECIPIENTS <
/root/bin/email.tmp

Where email.tmp is the download notification email containing the
original headers including Cc and Bcc. $SENDER and $RECIPIENTS are taken
directly from the BSMTP headers -- very convenient, thanks.

My questions:

1) Does Exim preserve Bcc and Cc of the original email? I have tested it
and it looks like Exim does do that. But I'd like a coder to confirm.

2) Does BSMTP contain ALL thoses listed in the To, Cc and Bcc headers? I
have before me an email sent out yesterday that contains 240 recipients
in the To header but only 38 recipients in the BSMTP and Envelope-to
headers. I know the difference between envelope-to and To, but in our
organization, we do not forge anything or use envelope to along the way
from the user's PC (Outlook) to the Exchange server to the Gateway
(exim). So what can account for this difference?

Here's the transport:
overlimit_quarantine:
driver = appendfile
batch_max = 1000
use_bsmtp
envelope_to_add
delivery_date_add
return_path_add
group = hyena
mode = 0660
directory = /var/spool/exim/vmail/postmaster/Maildir/.FTP
create_directory
maildir_format = true

3) Does anyone have a Perl script that will parse email and give me the
To, Cc, Bcc and Subject headers?

4) I am using Libmime::Explode Perl library to strip and save the
attachments. It seems to work perfectly. Has anyone had trouble with
this. It barfs on BSMTP FYI. (Slightly off-topic -- sorry)

Exim is 4.6

Thanks.
Craig Jackson