Re: [exim] how to drop failed DSN?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John W. Baxter
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] how to drop failed DSN?
On 1/4/07 1:28 PM, "Ian Eiloart" <iane@???> wrote:

> Since postmaster@yourdomain might not be permitted to post to the exim
> mailing list, you should not be surprised to see the callout fail -
> although I don't think the exim.org server checks at that stage.

One of the ongoing (if sporadic) discussions on the Mailman mailing lists is
about the tension between sending rejection and deferral messages to "real"
senders so they know what happened, and NOT sending those notices to senders
to avoid collateral spam.

With the present state of MTAs on the one hand, and Mailman on the other
hand, there is no way using the tools that exist to determine at SMTP time
that Mailman would not like to receive the offered message. (One could do
things like writing a Python daemon--the needed information is in a Python
pickle, so Python is the language of choice--to dig the information out of
the Mailman data for an Exim RCPT TO: time ACL.)

--John