Re: [exim] confirm bug for Spamassassin with Exim

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Chris Purves, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] confirm bug for Spamassassin with Exim

--On 4 January 2007 16:55:50 -0700 Chris Purves <chris.purves@???>
wrote:

> Okay, I replaced:
>
> ${if def:sender_rcvhost {from $sender_rcvhost\n\t}\
>
> with
>
> ${if def:sender_rcvhost {from $sender_host_name ([$sender_host_address] he
> lo=$sender_helo_name)\n\t}\
>
> in received_header_text
>
> It seems to be working, but I still see this as a spamassasin bug.

Well, I think it's a configuration issue - for either spamassassin or Exim.
I guess it would be nice if you could tell spamassassin what your MTA was,
and expect it to behave accordingly - but trying to write a rule that
parses all MTAs 'received' headers equally would be tricky.

Anyway, I guess we'll be wanting to do the same thing, so thanks for the
heads up!

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex