Re: [exim] Extremely Simple(?) greylisting with exim?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Daniel Tiefnig
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Extremely Simple(?) greylisting with exim?
On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:

> Hmm, I posted a similar problem to this list, some(...) time ago:
> http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20060501/msg00042.html
>
> Not exactly the same, but maybe compareable, and I thought I'll just
> raise that topic again.

Was that the problem that was supposed to be fixed by this change in 4.64?

PH/36 After a 4xx response to a RCPT error, that address was delayed (in queue
      runs only) independently of the message's sender address. This meant
      that, if the 4xx error was in fact related to the sender, a different
      message to the same recipient with a different sender could confuse
      things. In particualar, this can happen when sending to a greylisting
      server, but other circumstances could also provoke similar problems.
      I have changed the default so that the retry time for these errors is now
      based a combination of the sender and recipient addresses. This change
      can be overridden by setting address_retry_include_sender=false in the
      smtp transport.