Re: [exim] confirm bug for Spamassassin with Exim

Autor: Chris Purves
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] confirm bug for Spamassassin with Exim
On 04/01/07, Ian Eiloart <iane@???> wrote:

> --On 4 January 2007 14:33:13 -0700 Chris Purves <chris.purves@???>
> wrote:
>
> > Spamassassin needs to determine the HELO from the headers in order to
> > do SPF checks. If HELO!=RDNS, then exim includes "HELO=..." in the
> > received header and there is no problem. If HELO=RDNS, then exim does
> > not include the HELO in the header and spamassassin thinks there was
> > no HELO.
>
> You can fix this in your config by changing the value of
> received_header_text such that it always includes helo=$sender_helo_name.

Okay, I replaced:

${if def:sender_rcvhost {from $sender_rcvhost\n\t}\

with

${if def:sender_rcvhost {from $sender_host_name ([$sender_host_address] he
lo=$sender_helo_name)\n\t}\

in received_header_text

It seems to be working, but I still see this as a spamassasin bug.

--
Take care, eh.
Chris