Re: [exim] how to drop failed DSN?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Chad Leigh
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] how to drop failed DSN?

On Dec 30, 2006, at 9:01 AM, John Robinson wrote:

> On 23/12/2006 17:05, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:
>> I believe they are ones for which I am a backup MX host so I accept
>> them and try to relay them on.
>
> You probably ought to look into recipient verification callouts then;
> most of the time the primary MX will be up and it's a spammer
> desperately trying to get the mail accepted by using a lower-
> priority MX
> instead of the primary MX.

Ok, I had

   deny    message = unrouteable address
          !verify = recipient

which I just changed to

   deny    message = unrouteable address
          !verify = recipient/callout=2m,defer_ok,random

I assume the defer_ok is what I want to avoid rejecting valid mail
that I cannot verify due to the main MX being down for some reason...

However, after I did this, I could not send to the exim list! (I
also tried without the random).

What am I missing?

Thanks
Chad