Re: [exim] Am I Hacked?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Rick Lutowski
To: John Burnham
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Am I Hacked?
John Burnham wrote:
>>If I do have a problem (yet to be confirmed) my gut
>>feel says it is some exim capability that is being
>>abused. Maybe some kind of email virus that triggers
>>spamming from an exim system to a list of address it
>>carries along with it.
>

> The virus theory strikes me as extremely unlikely. Have you looked through the
> exim logs and tried to understand what they are saying ?
> John

Yes, have checked the logs. The usual raft of rejected
material, plus logs of messages that got through.
Not sure what I should be looking for that would flag
a compromised system. It would have to be something
that could be searched for by a vi string search.
Otherwise would be easy to miss it in the clutter.

--
Rick Lutowski, GRI, REALTOR
Greg Doering & Associates