Re: [exim] Whitelist using mySQL

Author: Heiko Schlichting
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Whitelist using mySQL
> This looks very interesting however I cannot find any examples on how to
> centralize the white list functionality. All the examples use local white
> lists which defeats the purpose of having the system centralized. Any ideas
> on how to do that?

If you use only one postgrey instance, the postgrey integrated whitelist is
automatically centralized. This is the case for autowhite list and the
manual maintained lists.

If you plan to greylist only suspicious systems (as I do), it is necessary
to use an appropriate ACL in exim to messuare who suspicious the sending
system is. But this is not like a whitelist and most installation does not
care about this anyway (just greylisting all systems except whitelist or
auto-whitelist).

The auto-whitelist feature of postgrey prevents most non-SPAM mails from
the greylist delay after running postgrey for a while. Don't underestimate
this feature!

Heiko

Heiko Schlichting        | Freie Universität Berlin
heiko@???       | Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung (ZEDAT)
Telefon +49 30 838-54327 | Fabeckstraße 32
Telefax +49 30 838454327 | 14195 Berlin