Re: [exim] Am I Hacked?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: Exim, Users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Am I Hacked?
On 04/01/07, Rick Lutowski <rick@???> wrote:

> If I do have a problem (yet to be confirmed) my gut
> feel says it is some exim capability that is being
> abused.

The ability for Exim to relay email for other computers, or processes
running on the same computer, is a matter of configuration. I don't
believe you've shared your config with us, so that remains a matter of
speculation.

Any evidence of it doing this will be in the Exim logfiles. Since the
overall email throughput is so low, it shouldn't take long to browse
the logs, and investigate any suspicious deliveries.

> Maybe some kind of email virus that triggers
> spamming from an exim system to a list of address it
> carries along with it.

Pretty unlikely.

Peter
--