[exim] Whitelist using mySQL

Author: gascione
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Whitelist using mySQL

We have been using greylistd for six months now and it works fairly well
except for two issues. You must keep the triplets and states file
cleared out when it hits a few MB or greylistd consumes large amounts
of cpu and stops working. Second we have several inbound MX servers and
greylistd doesn't have a common DB so each server may or may not
greylist mail. This adds delays.

We have been working with the Johannes Berg implementation of
greylisting using mySQL and have it set up on a distributed DB so all
MX inbound servers can access the same DB. That works well.

When using greylistd we had configured a "skiplist" for domains that
opted not to use greylisting. Some of our customers would rather the
spam than a slight mail delivery delay. The code in our ACL looked like
this:

!domains = ${if exists {/etc/greylistd/skiplist}\
{/etc/greylistd/skiplist}{}}

Now we want to add a white list table to the mySQL implementation for a
common DB for whitelisting. We have created a table called whitelist
with a single field, the domain name. We tried the following code but
it does not work.

!domains = mysql;SELECT domainname FROM exim_whitelist WHERE \
domainname='${quote_mysql:@$domain}'

This does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

GA

--
gascione
gascione's Profile: http://www.exim-users.org/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=112