Re: [exim] Listening interface:port

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Mike Cardwell, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Listening interface:port

--On 3 January 2007 14:28:11 +0000 Mike Cardwell
<exim-users@???> wrote:

>>> I think you're taking the obfuscation rules a bit to the extreme there.
>>> There's a difference between obfuscating, and using an example. I wasn't
>>> taking real "log extracts, configuration snippets, and error messages"
>>> and then munging them before posting...
>> But, you did lead me to waste my time addressing the wrong problem.
>
>> From my perspective you wasted your time addressing the wrong problem
> because you didn't read my post properly. I don't feel at fault. Anyway,
> I have my answers now. Thanks for everyones assistance.

I read your post properly. You said that your server was listening on port
2000, and I wasted my time addressing that problem. I didn't think hard
about what kind of TLS you were talking about, and got that wrong, but I'd
have thought twice if you'd given the correct port. Please don't obfuscate.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex