Re: [exim] Having certain alias only works for certain remot…

Author: Dave Evans
Subject: Re: [exim] Having certain alias only works for certain remote hosts
On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 05:09:23PM -0800, Emmanuel Stapf [ES] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if it is possible to configure /etc/aliases so that certain
> aliases are disabled when an SMTP connection is initiated from a given host. In
> other words, my email server is behind a firewall in a DMZ zone. I want to
> enable all aliases when connections are initiated from the intranet, and disable
> some of the aliases when coming from the internet.

One possible method:

* copy /etc/aliases as /etc/aliases.external
* clone your system_aliases router; call the new one "system_aliases_external",
and modify it to use the /etc/aliases.external file
* add a condition to system_aliases and/or system_aliases_external, using
${if match_ip{$sender_host_address}{ ... }} to select which hosts can use
those aliases.

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet