Re: [exim] Easiest way to handle a specific domain literal a…

Author: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: Richard.Hall
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Easiest way to handle a specific domain literal address?
On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 19:25 +0000, Richard.Hall wrote:
> Just in case anyone is even remotely interested, the rewrite now reads
> (modulo line-wrapping)
>
> \N^(.*)@\[(.*)\]$\N "$1@${lookup dnsdb {ptr=${lookup {$2} lsearch
> {CONFDIR/domain-literal-hosts} {$2} fail}} {$value} fail}" S

thanks a lot! I stole this and added it as:

\N^(.*)@\[(.*)\]$\N \
  "$1@${lookup dnsdb {ptr=${if and {{isip{$2}} \
                                    {match_ip{$2}{+relay_from_hosts}}} \
                               {$2} fail}} \
               {$value} fail}"                                  Fh

we need this to handle e-mail from Sun's ALOM and similar. note I
rewrite to the hostname, this works here since we can define mailing
lists which apply to all hostnames in our domain(s) on the RHS of the
address. I use "F" so it only applies to MAIL FROM and not RCPT TO, and
I use "h" so that verify = header_sender accepts messages containing
such addresses.

the rule requires allow_domain_literals to be enabled, we already did
this to handle the postmaster addresses.
--
Kjetil T.