Re: [exim] Using .forward files with .exim.

Autor: Robert Nicholson
A: Josip Rodin
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Using .forward files with .exim.
Regarding this

"If, however, no significant deliveries are set up, Exim continues
processing the current address as if there were no filter file, and
typically sets up a delivery of a copy of the message into a local
mailbox. In particular, this happens in the special case of a filter
file containing only comments."

my perlscript ie. pipe will take care of all mail and I don't want
any deliveries scheduled after my filter has finished.

my perlscript uses Mail::Audit to archive the message content into
the appropriate mail folder and I don't need the filter to deliver
mail after that has happened. ie. the perlscript has a catch all as
well.

So how can you tell the filter file to not schedule any deliveries?

so if my .forward file looks like this

# Exim filter
if error_message then finish endif
pipe $home/perlscripts/filter.pl
#mail subject "message discarded"
finish

will it try to make any significant delivery?