Re: [exim] Using .forward files with .exim.

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Using .forward files with .exim.
robert@??? wrote:
> So I'm moving to a hosting provider who uses exim having come from one who used
> qmail.
>
> Previously I had a ~/.qmail file to invoke a perl script as my own filter and
> this filter had responsibility using Mail::Audit etc to route the mail into
> appropriate mail folders etc.
>
> Firstly, can anybody show me the syntax for .forward with exim.
>
> Also, in the past I have occasionally had an error or two in the filter thus
> causes bounces. but these bounces have been temporary.
>
> Can anybody tell me if .forward works the same way with exim. ie. if the perl
> script has a syntax error will it be a temporary or permanent bounce? ie. will
> I risk losing email in the event of a syntax error in the filter?

Exim *can* action a '.<whatever>' in a similar manner to other MTA which use
that structure, but, in your case:

- it may or may not be configured to do so

- the provider may or may not permit asking 'their' MTA to run 'your' perl
scripts, viz simple .forwards.

How it handles errors (of any kind) is also *highly* configurable.

As a 'customer', it is unlikely that you will have access to the basic OS & Exim
configuration information that folks on this list would need to help, let alone
the ability to modify same.

The new hosting provider should be the best (only?) party able to assist you.

HTH,

Bill