[exim] Using .forward files with .exim.

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: robert
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Using .forward files with .exim.
So I'm moving to a hosting provider who uses exim having come from one who used
qmail.

Previously I had a ~/.qmail file to invoke a perl script as my own filter and
this filter had responsibility using Mail::Audit etc to route the mail into
appropriate mail folders etc.

Firstly, can anybody show me the syntax for .forward with exim.

Also, in the past I have occasionally had an error or two in the filter thus
causes bounces. but these bounces have been temporary.

Can anybody tell me if .forward works the same way with exim. ie. if the perl
script has a syntax error will it be a temporary or permanent bounce? ie. will
I risk losing email in the event of a syntax error in the filter?