Re: [exim] Distributed Database / Cluster Techniques

Author: L. Jason Godsey
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Distributed Database / Cluster Techniques
I have setup several cluster labs.

You didn't specify your operating system, so I'll just mention my linux
configuration.

The EASIEST by far is using PeerFS by Radiant Data. PeerFS uses local
storage on each cluster member.
http://radiantdata.com/English/Products/PeerFS.html

I didn't have any $$ in budget for PeerFS license so it didn't get
beyond my lab. It worked very well and I was impressed.

I was also able to get GFS working. I used ATAoE on 2 machines to act
as redundant file store, then on mailbox/database machines I used lvm2
w/ clvmd and gfs to mount the drives from the 2 ATAoE hosts.

L. Jason Godsey