著者: Chris Lightfoot
To: Heiko Schlittermann
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Exim and SRS in ACL?
On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 12:49:59PM +0100, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> Helo Jürgen,
>
> Juergen Weiss <mail@???> (Fr 29 Dez 2006 12:41:49 CET):
> > Is there an implementation in exim to decode this rewritten addresses ?
> > For example convert it back to the originally sender_address.
>
> It *is* the original sender address, other addresses for the sender
> should/could be invalid.

Presumably Jurgen wants to `look inside' the rewritten
sender in case the original sender gives some information
which is useful to (e.g.) a spam filter. For instance, you
might imagine wanting to do sender verification on the
original sender address. As you say, you can't do this in
general since some sites may use opaque tokens or sui
generis formats for the rewritten sender addresses, but
for the implementation described here:
    http://www.openspf.org/SRS
you can do the reverse transformation with a regex
substitution.

Are people seeing a lot of SRS in the wild? A quick census
of my mail suggests <0.1% SRS for both real mail and spam.

--
``When I am right, I get angry. Churchill gets angry when he's wrong.
So we were often angry at each other.'' (Charles De Gaulle)