[exim] Newbie help for virtual domains (Exim4)

Autor: Roy Coates
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Newbie help for virtual domains (Exim4)

Hi,
I'm not a mail guru by any stretch of the imagination but am faced with
handling mail for several different domains on a small debian linux
server.

With exim 3 this worked without problems but with the newer exim 4.5
(heavy) I'm stumped. I've googled until my eyes bleed and have checked
the list archives without much success.

I've applied the most often recommended solution with an alias file for
each domain in /etc/exim4/virtual and added the driver. Local e-mail is
delivered fine, but where an alias refers to an off-site address, it fails
as undeliverable.

Also, if a domain has an alias line vis:

dave:    dave@???

and there's also a _local_ user called dave, all emails will be routed to
the local user.

Can anyone point me at a definitive solution for multiple domains and
alias files please?

Very many thanks,

Roy.

--