Re: [exim] Wild Idea for spam filtering

Autor: Chad Leigh
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Wild Idea for spam filtering

On Dec 28, 2006, at 9:46 AM, Richard Clayton wrote:

> In message <4593E849.5020300@???>, Marc Perkel
> <marc@???>
> writes
>
>> All normal
>> servers should attempt the lowest MX first.
>
> sadly, it's not a function of the normality of the client (you don't
> mean server when they are sending you email) but of the network :(
>
> http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-
> 20060320/msg00150.html

This is not a defense of Mr Perkel's suggestion or against it. Just
that I think the comment in the above archive does not apply to Mr
Perkel's idea, at least as far as I have understood it, BECAUSE the
false secondary is actually on the same host or at least the same
local net, so has the same connectivity as the main. At least that
is the idea I had from Mr Perkel's descriptions previously. So
differences in network connectivity should not exist between the
primary and secondary MX. If the secondary MX is actually on a
different network somewhere else, then the comments in the archive
make sense.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC