Re: [exim] Ultimate spam defense - check for the sender MX r…

Author: David Saez Padros
To: Renaud Allard
CC: Exim, Users, Peter Bowyer
Subject: Re: [exim] Ultimate spam defense - check for the sender MX record
Hi !!

>> I couldn't agree more - if they've left something out of their SPF
>> policy, they should fix it - and if they don't get any pain, they
>> won't.
>
> Indeed, but in this case, the one being really hurt was my client which
> didn't receive his licenses. Trying to explain commercial people (the
> ones you get on the phone when calling for a license delivery problem)
> that their mail containing the licenses was being refused by our server
> because something was wrong in their DNS is like the quest of the grail.

you just need to say to the client that the owner of the remote domain
has explicity ask you to refuse that email.

--
Best regards ...

I am Homer of Borg. Prepare to be assim... mmmm, donuts.

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53