Re: [exim] Ultimate spam defense - check for the sender MX r…

Author: David Saez Padros
To: Artem S. Tashkinov
CC: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Ultimate spam defense - check for the sender MX record
Hi !!

>>> I would like to increase a spam defense of our server by checking if a
>>> sender really represents an MX server of his/her organization. So if a
>>> certain PC is trying to send me an e-mail from user@??? then we
>>> will check if this person's IP address is within MX servers of
>>> domain.com, otherwise we'll refuse to accept the mail.
>> This is misguided. There's no useful correlation between outbound mail
>> relays and inbound MXs for a large proportion of the internet. Don't
>> do it.
>>
> OK, I see I was wrong. I just wanted to implement it because some
> prominent unix person had suggested this way of struggling with spammers.

you just could use this check to score messages when no spf

http://www.ols.es/exim/acl/ismx.acl

--
Best regards ...

I am Homer of Borg. Prepare to be assim... mmmm, donuts.

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53