[exim] Simple(?) greylisting with exim?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Timo Neuvonen
To: exim-users
Betreff: [exim] Simple(?) greylisting with exim?
Season's Greetings (sorry I'm late) to everyone!

I'm trying to find out a "simplest possible" way to
implement greylisting with exim 4.6x

Everything I found about this seems to be rather old...
is greylisting still something reasonable to do today?

My server is running on FC5, with self-compiled exim. So eg.
debian-targeted packages would require a lot of modifications.

The server in question has a relatively small amount of traffic,
on average much less than one (to be accepted) message in a
minute. So, my idea is that all greylist database housekeeping
could propably be re-run after every received message if it
helps anyhow to keep things simple.

This page seems to contain most of the reasonable-looking
links I've found:
http://spamlinks.net/filter-server-greylist.htm#implement-exim

So far, these two look the most interesting:
http://www.sigsegv.cx/exim-greylist-2.html
http://llab.zhitomir.net/?greylist

The first one looks definetely simple -until I read the footnotes:
"don't use until you add this-and-that"

The latter one is based on perl, but that wouldn't definetely
be a performance issue in my environment. And it would keep
the exim.conf clean. But just noticed it's "the first release from
2003". As not a perl-coder, I'm not able to analyze the code...
does it work perfectly well, or was it maybe found to be
impossible to fix and develop any further (since there is no
2nd release in 3 1/2 years).

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a *simple*
greylisting conf? It doesn't have to be performance-optimized,
no need for extensive logging features, etc. But something that
would keep it's database clean without manual MySQL sessions.

Thanks for any help already in advance. I'm somehow a little
bit lost now with this greylisting issue...

- Timo