Re: [exim] A serious trouble with SMTP authentification

Top Pagina
Auteur: Marc Sherman
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] A serious trouble with SMTP authentification
Artem S. Tashkinov wrote:

> or I still get "test@??? from e-mails sent via relay
> hosts with SMTP authentication turned on. Temporarily I have set both
> 'accept's to "control       = submission/sender_retain" and it works
> right. Is it safe and OK in my situation?

1) http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/DontObfuscate

2) Submission mode defaults to treating the authentication ID as an
_unqualified_ localpart. If your authentication IDs will always be a
fully qualified user address, then you want to use:

control = submission/domain=

Note that that only applies to _authenticated_ email, not to
unauthenticated relayed email. If you don't intend to support
unauthenticated relayed email from any hosts, you should remove "accept
hosts = +relay_from_hosts" from your ACL entirely.

For more information, read:
http://exim.org/exim-html-4.63/doc/html/spec_html/ch43.html#SECTsubmodnon

- Marc