Re: [exim] interface option in remote_smtp doesn't work

Top Pagina
Auteur: Peter Bowyer
Aan: Exim, Users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] interface option in remote_smtp doesn't work
On 21/12/06, manwe <manwe@???> wrote:
> Hello, thanks for answer.
>
> =====================>8========
> Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:34:56 +0000
> From: "Peter Bowyer" <peter@???>
>
> > So the far end is seeing your connection from .122. Have you got any
> > NATing or other cleverness going on which might be interfering? I ask
> > this because when I try a telnet session to port 25 on your .124 host,
> > something other than Exim answers. Or if it is Exim, your clever
> > banner reconfiguration is fooling me, and will also fool anything
> > which might want to use ESMTP.
>
> =======8<======================
>
>        I have cheap ADSL connection with /28 subnet. First IP (.121)
>        belongs to modem. No unusual combinations. Behind IP .122
>        there is whole local network (NAT), that's why I'm moving
>        Exim to the second IP (.124).

>        About port 25 - you can't access it on IP .122 (DROPed on
>        firewall), only on .124. And it is Exim, I've only changed:

> smtp_banner = $primary_hostname Microsoft Mail Shitty Server 6.6.6 $tod_full
>
>        Well... maybe it isn't smart ;)

Not particularly - just like obfuscating the domains in your logfiles,
it leads people who are trying to help you down blind alleys.

Your problem is almost certainly down to the NAT in your firewall. It
is NATing your .124 IP to your .122 IP. Exim is doing what you tell
it.

I suggest you sort the firewall out before you spend any more time
trying to prove a bug in Exim.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer