Re: [exim] starting exim4 automatically

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Wes Carver
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] starting exim4 automatically
Marc, I hope you can hear me way up there on your high horse...I am not
sure...I'll try anyway...

I am new to Linux...this box is the first contact with it that I have ever
had, and that started about 13 days ago. I am a Windows system
administrator, and I am cutting my teeth with Linux by creating a mail proxy
in front of my Exchange server.

Sorry about the ASSP part of the question...2 separate packages on the same
box...wrong forum...got it...

I agree that I have "completely misunderstood how to work the hubbed_hosts
router." That is why I decided to ask this question.

I assure you. I have read README.Debian, and a whole lot of man pages.

How do you think I got it all set up and working just fine going out of my
domain?

Please give me a break. You may have used Linux/Exim for a long time, and
you might have forgotten how hard it was to start out, so let me remind
you. A lot of documentation reads a whole lot like Greek when you are just
learning about a new operating system.

So...Am I on my own, or is there someone else out there that can maybe help
a newbie figure out where his misunderstanding stems from?

I just need help with the problem of DNS resolution on the inside of my
network. When doing a DNS query on any of my domains, of course the MX
record that comes back points to my outside router. I just need to know how
to tell Exim where my Exchange server is. If it is not with the
hubbed_hosts router, how do I do it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.