Re: [exim] User Quota Notification

Author: Torsten Mueller
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] User Quota Notification
Kevin Gordon schrieb:
> A quick question about exim, is it possible to notify the mailbox
> destination that there quota us filling up? For example if a user has a 10Mb
> quota and they hit 8Mb I want to automatically dispatch them a message
> saying their mailbox is almost full and they should do something about it.
> If I cant do this through exim Im assuming I can do this through a third
> party script?
>
> Let me know!

You can add at the relevant transport such warning message.

quota = ${lookup mysql {MYSQL_QUOTA}{$value}}
quota_warn_threshold = 80%
quota_is_inclusive = false
quota_warn_message = "\
         To: $local_part@$domain\n\
         Subject: Your mailbox\n\n\
         This message was automatically created\n\
         by mail delivery software.\n\n\
         The size of your mailbox $local_part has exceeded \n\
         a warning threshold of 80 percent\n\
         of your maximum mailbox size, which is ${lookup mysql
{MYSQL_QUOTA}{$value}}B.\n\
         If your mailbox fills completely, further incoming\n\
         messages will be automatically\n\
         returned to their senders.\n"

Greetings Torsten