Re: [exim] Exim GUI Configuration

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jason Meers
A: waruna
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Exim GUI Configuration
waruna wrote:
> WOuld anybody out there know of a GUI configurator that I can use to update
> the .conf files of Exim and Dovecot ?
> am not very good on linux and I have a major time in figuring out what all
> these tags are.
> or at least, is there a SIMPLE guide I could use to configure this.
> Help Help Help!
> Thanks :-)

Running a mail server is an important job that requires quite a lot of
work and research to do properly, do you REALLY want to run your own
server or do you have any alternatives that would work just as well for
you but not come with all of the responsibility.

Most people on the exim list will expect you to have tried to find the
answer to your problem yourself and be reasonably familiar with the exim
specification and the relevant RFC's before posting your question.

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.62/doc/html/spec_html/index.html
http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk/content/blogcategory/25/35/

Very few people here will just do everything for you if you can't or
won't try to help yourself first.

---

If you are still keen to run your own server I have some beginners
documentation that might help, but can you explain what your trying to
do first:

1) Which distribution do you use at present?
2) Are you going to relay mail for any other servers or domains?
3) How are you going to send mail out, directly from your server or via
your ISP's mail relay?
4) Do you have a fixed IP address or a dynamic one?
5) Do you have a domain name and MX records registered yet?
6) Would you consider using a "wizard-like" configuration **scheme (On
Debian or Ubuntu).
7) Are you just testing this or will you be using a "live" domain with
real e-mails and accounts.

Thanks
Jason_Meers
--