Re: [exim] check for a header value in a router

Author: Matthias Waffenschmidt
To: POLONKAI Gergely
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] check for a header value in a router
Hello,

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 02:41:56PM +0100, POLONKAI Gergely wrote:
> I'm a bit new to exim, and ran into a problem. I've created a router,
> which, if the conditions match, will add a header to the incoming mails.
> In the next router I want to check for this header in the conditions
> row. Is it possible to do it within exim, or do I have to call an
> external program for it?

As already written you cannot test for a header that was added by a
previous router.

To pass information from one router to another you have to use
address_data. See
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.63/doc/html/spec_html/ch15.html#id2608753
for details using this option and the corresponding variable.

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33