Re: [exim] [OT] ORDB is shutting down

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Renaud Allard
Para: jh, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] [OT] ORDB is shutting down

Wakko Warner wrote:
> Jakob Hirsch wrote:
>> for the people not subscribed to their announce list:
>>
>> http://ordb.org/news/?id=38

>> DNS and the mailing lists will vanish today, December 18, 2006.
>
> Not surprising. Back when I used ordb, it was useless. Out of 2 months
> time, it would have blocked only 5 emails out of thousands that were already
> blocked by other lists I was using. I still have my tracking data from when
> I was tracking with it.

That's probably the case if you used many other blacklists. But if you
only use reliable blacklists to stop mail at first sight, I know only
two of them (ordb.org and njabl.org). The fact is ordb was very accurate
and didn't list anything else that real, tested openrelays, so there is
still a need for their kind of blacklist.