Re: [exim] exim _only_ fails to authenticate/send if using M…

Author: snowcrash+exim-users
To: exim-users, msherman
Subject: Re: [exim] exim _only_ fails to authenticate/send if using MUA, mail to self ... ?
> > i've a closed test network.
>
> Perhaps you could have said something about that in your original post?

why? what does it matter? should i have presumed that you were going
to be there to incorrectly presume?

> > "mail.localdomain.com" is the real name of the server in this microcosm.
>
> It's also the name of a perfectly valid domain on the public internet.

so what?

> You really shouldn't be using it in your test environment.

my test environment is not connected to the public internet.

if you've so much spare time to keep finding fault with my question,
perhaps you'd be better off not bothering to answer at all. at this
point, *i* would be ...

% echo "msherman@???" >> plonk.addr

i'll look forward to hearing from those who'd be interested in helping.

thanks anyway.