Re: [exim] RBL problems

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: oliver howe
To: Graeme Fowler
CC: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] RBL problems

I was getting a lot of this in my log files

DNS list lookup defer (probably timeout) for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx : sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org: assumed not in list

So I thought maybe they were down, but I realise now it is my DNS servers and a high level of inbound email (9793MB yesterday) which is causing the problem as the DNs servers are getting too many requests to resolve the RBLs I have listed in my configure file (once I commented them out then things got better, although now a lot of spam is getting through).

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding getting around this problem?
I cant afford the Spamhaus datafeed as they want $11k for 100,000 - 500,000 users