Re: [exim] reverse righthand side block list in router.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Peter Bowyer
Aan: Exim, Users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] reverse righthand side block list in router.
On 12/12/06, David H. Lynch Jr <dhlii@???> wrote:
>     Only sort of, it is being shared by several Mail Servers that are
> regionally distributed.
> What they share is the need to make a routing decision based on inclusion in
> a commonly accesible, and hopefully
> user modifiable database - dnsbl just provides an easy mechanism for the
> database and for queries. I am not looking to replicate
> I am looking for common access.

>     I guess mysql might work - but it is a very heavyweight solution.

It works very well - my setup has servers in 3 countries on 2
continents sharing a MySQL database for routing, aliasing, whitelists,
blacklists, SA reject thresholds, and probably some more things. I
keep finding new things to put in it.

A DNSBL approach is certainly more lightweight, but wouldn't be
extensible enough for my purposes.

YMMV of course.

Peter

--