Re: [exim] making my HELO = my RDNS

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tim Jackson
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] making my HELO = my RDNS
Marc Perkel wrote:

> Actually what is the default HELO for exim?

It's whatever is picked up as primary_hostname.

> Shouldn't Exim by default
> use the rDNS of the interface address or the IP if rDNS doesn't resolve?
> Should Exim have a feature like this:
> helo_data = interface_rdns

Hmm, might not be a terrible idea, although I think the logic is that
Exim *ought* to know it's primary hostname, and by default the DNS
*ought* to match that.

But an option like that *would* make quite a few configurations (e.g. on
dynamic lines) "just work". I'm sure Philip will come up with an
architectural reason why it's a bad idea or can't easily be done though :)

(It would obviously need to keep a cached array of interface IPs ->
hostnames. And there is the problem of multiple PTRs, although picking
the first one returned would be fair enough, I would think.)

Tim