Re: [exim] host lookup in ACLs

Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: Exim, Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] host lookup in ACLs
Peter Bowyer wrote:
> Feature.
>
> Quoting PH in an answer abour 3 hours ago to an identical question:-

Ah, Phils omnipotence, he answers questions before they get asked.

> However, if the expansion is forced to fail, the condition is
> ignored. The effect is to treat it as true, whether it is positive or
> negative.

*Sigh* Should update my bookmars more often. That's new in the spec
since 4.63. :o/

Still, section 39.14 is not very clear about this:

| If any condition on a warn statement cannot be completed (that is,
| there is some sort of defer), the log line specified by log_message is
| not written. No further conditions or modifiers in the warn statement
| are processed. The incident is logged, and the ACL continues to be
| processed, from the next statement onwards.

Would "cannot be completed" include a forced failure?

lg,
daniel