[exim] host lookup in ACLs

Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: exim users
Assumpte: [exim] host lookup in ACLs
Hej,

I have an IP address dbm file here, and want to look up the sending
hosts IP address in that file. The exim specification says about the
"hosts" ACL condition, that exim tries to match IP addresses first, and
a DNS lookup is only done if a hostname is encountered in the list.
http://exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/ch39.html#SECTaclconditions

Now, that doesn't seem to be really true. I get this debug output from
"exim -bh 12.10.26.10 -d+lookup":

[...]
check hosts = dbm;/etc/exim/spamblock.dbm
sender host name required, to match against dbm;/etc/exim/spamblock.dbm
[...]
search_find: file="/etc/exim/spamblock.dbm"
key="12-10-26-10.ptcnet.net" partial=-1 affix=NULL starflags=0
[...]
internal_search_find: file="/etc/exim/spamblock.dbm"
type=dbm key="12-10-26-10.ptcnet.net"

So, exim doesn't even try to match the sending hosts IP address. Maybe
the specification should be updated, or this is a bug.
Tried with 4.50 and 4.62.

lg,
daniel