Re: [exim] reverse righthand side block list in router.

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim, Users
Subject: Re: [exim] reverse righthand side block list in router.
On 11/12/06, David H. Lynch Jr <dhlii@???> wrote:
> Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 10/12/06, David H. Lynch Jr <dhlii@???> wrote:

> I have been searching for an Exim4 router example that uses a

dnsblock list
> to make routing decisions.

I need to change the routing of outbound
> messages based on whether

the domain name of the recipient is
in a specific
> block list.

Could someone point me to an example of an exim4 router that
> uses a

dnsblocklist for making a decision ?

> You could probably achieve this using dnsdb lookups, but my
> immediate

thought was to do the actual lookup in the RCPT ACL, and carry
> the

result forward to the routers in a $acl_m variable.

eg

warn set
> acl_m1=1

dnslists = dsn.rfc-ignorant.org/$domain

But this will only work
> well for single-recipient messages which

arrive over SMTP, and will break if
> the recipient address is modified

(or generated) in a prior router.

Over to
> someone who knows the dnsdb lookup syntax....

Peter

>     Thanks that is atleast a start. Probably most messages are single
> recipient.
>     I am looking to do this for outbound e-mails, but I guess from exim's
> perspective there is know difference.

>     For some domains I need to relay e-mail through another mail server. I
> would prefer not to do this with a domain list as
>     several domains share that list, and I can use dnsblocklist tools so
> that users can enter domains that need relayed via a web interface,
>     and shortly all the servers are using new data.

Ah, so its your own dnslist - in that case - you can use a domainlist
with any kind of lookup - dnsdb included. The mechanics might be
easier if you drive it with a more conventional lookup type, though -
MySQL for example - easy to knock up a web front-end, and easy to
replicate around the servers which need it, or have them access it
remotely. This is a very common usage pattern.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???