Re: [exim] The risks of analogies

Top Pagina
Auteur: Graeme Fowler
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] The risks of analogies
On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 04:39 +1100, Ted Cooper wrote:
> There's also taking an analogy too literally.
>
> Let's move the analogy back to the SMTP domain.

Indeed. Wearing my "assistant list moderator" hat, I'd like to request
that this thread is ended here (and this in no way means that anybody's
comments are right or wrong, simply that the thread has now gone on far
too long).

There's a set of standards we have to work to, many of which have been
quoted, counter-quoted, interpreted, interpolated, understood and
misunderstood at various points during this thread. Unfortunately (if
you want to look at it this way) for us all they are *standards* and we
have to work to them, whether or not you agree with what they say.
Attempting to work around them is probably acceptable, being in flagrant
breach of them is not. The OP needs to work out another way to handle
the problems instead of turning a remote error (whether or not he knows
that it's an error in error!), as suggested by several posts already.

Flames > /dev/null, please.

Graeme