Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ted Cooper
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Chris Lightfoot
Kopio: exim-users
Uudet otsikot: [exim] The risks of analogies (was: Re: Retry on 550 errors)
Aihe: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors
Chris Lightfoot wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 11:15:42AM +1100, Ted Cooper wrote:
>     [...]
>> 5XX error are permanent. An MTA is required to stop sending the message
>> and bounce/report back to the sender. The HUMAN sender may then do
>> whatever and then send the message again, with whatever changes are
>> necessary. Sending the message again in its current form will CONSTANTLY
>> fail.

> please read previous mails on the thread for several
> examples where this is not the case.

Please read RFC - 5XX is permanent.

Should we all just start running red lights now days? "Oh, that red
light just means we should stop, but this road never has any traffic so
I just run it" -- BAM!