Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Drav Sloan
A: Marc Perkel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors
Marc Perkel wrote:
> Picture this situation. I have several IPs to send mail on to forward to
> my customers. One transport uses IP address A and for some unknown
> reason A becomes accidentally blacklisted. So the customers hosting
> company starts bouncing all the email coming from my filtering service
> for that customer.
>
> But - if it could be passed on to another transport that sends on a
> different IP then it would perhaps go through.

Then MANUALLY add a manualroute route for that server. Or batch
SMTP the email. This is not the same as ignoring a 5xx response.

In a situation where you want to get an incorrect 5xx remedied you
contact the postmaster at that domain. This is what they are there
for after all; you contact when they become "accidentally blacklisted"
and THEY fix the issue. In the interim you use other "tricks" which
don't include breaking RFC.

Regards

D.