Re: [exim] Optimizing Exim or Any Guildelines for improving …

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ted Cooper
Aan: Sachin Sharma
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Optimizing Exim or Any Guildelines for improving it's Performance.
Sachin Sharma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running exim with sa-exim and spamassasin. I am facing bit
> perfarmace issues. Aftet rcpt commad Exim seems to be slow. I want to
> reduce this time . Please help me for reducing this time or any
> suggetions those can well help to improve performance issues with
> spamassasin.

If you are using the default configuration file, this is when exim does
DNS requests to verify the sender. These will take a second or so on a
domain that your name server hasn't seen before.

It's not much of a system performance hit, it's just a delay, And what's
5 seconds when sending an email to someone on the other side of the world?

Ted.