Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Top Pagina
Auteur: Marc Perkel
Aan: Dean Brooks
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Retry on 550 errors

Dean Brooks wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 10:35:38AM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
>

>> Picture this situation. I have several IPs to send mail on to forward to
>> my customers. One transport uses IP address A and for some unknown
>> reason A becomes accidentally blacklisted. So the customers hosting
>> company starts bouncing all the email coming from my filtering service
>> for that customer.
>>

> If you are getting blacklisted that often, perhaps you should sit back
> and think about the actions you are taking to get yourself in that pickle.
>
> Maybe those remote hosts have a valid reason to be blocking you.

One of the problems is that when you're in the spam filtering business
if a spam gets through then it appears that I'm the source of the spam.
People like gmail, yahoo, hotmail, comcast are also getting blacklisted
every now and then.

Then there are companies that are so swamped with spam that they change
the rules and I get caught in the rule change. Godaddy had a server of
mine blacklisted yesterday because my HELO didn't match my IP. Then
there's SPF which totally sucks where the customer's server rejects
email because SPF doesn't match when I'm forwarding email. So one
customer is losing their Netflix email.

Email protocols need to be rewritten.