Re: [exim] Blocking Stock Spam ACL

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Stephen Gran
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Blocking Stock Spam ACL
On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 06:27:22PM +0100, Steffen Heil said:
> May I ask some non-exim questions on this?
>
> How often - and what way - are you downloading those files?
> How do you tell clamd to reload the signatures?

I have a script for that :)

The sites say every 4 hours is OK, more is abusive. So my script tries
once, sleeps for 4 hours + some random offset, wakes up and tries again.
It stats the files, and does an http head to see if they've updated.
If they have, it downloads them, and gunzips if appropriate. If something
has been downloaded, clamd gets notified. Then it goes back to sleep
for a while.

> Do you have a script for that?

http://people.debian.org/~sgran/getclamsigs.tar.gz

It makes a number of silly assumptions about where you want to put
config files and logs and so forth, but it's simple enough you should be
able to correct paths to whatever you use. Patches for portability
welcome. The non-syslog log code is also, well, basically nonexistant,
since I just use syslog for it.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Depends on how you define "always".  :- |
|  steve@???             | )              -- Larry Wall in         |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | <199710211647.JAA17957@???>        |