Re: [exim] Blocking Stock Spam ACL

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking Stock Spam ACL
On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Chris Lear wrote:

> From: Chris Lear <chris.lear@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Cc: Dennis Davis <D.H.Davis@???>
> Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 15:52:54 +0000
> Subject: Re: [exim] Blocking Stock Spam ACL

> Sounds good, but this page: http://www.sanesecurity.com/clamav/news.htm
> says this:
>
> "Some of you noticed that the Scam database has been re-focused to
> detect 419/Lottery emails only. The ScamS signatures have been removed.
> Although they were detecting a great deal of image spam, for some
> people, they caused two or three false positives.
> I'm not prepared to accept this, so I've removed them. FuzzyOcrPlugin is
> the way to go, for most people!"
>
> which makes it sound slightly less promising in terms of killing image
> spam. What's the latest?

I suspect the documentation hasn't been updated to reflect the code.
Certainly the current scam.ndb from Sanesecurity contains some 15
Image signatures and some 83 Stock signatures. And, as I said, it
is doing a very good job from my perspective.

The signature databases mentioned by Stephen Gan also look
interesting.  I'll have to investigate them next week.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101